Official Procedure Last Change May 31, 2018
Withdraw Document (Limited Users)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Limited Users > Withdraw Document
Things to be aware of when filing: The uploaded pdf should not be titled as a motion (i.e. Motion to Withdraw Document).
This procedure is for limited users only. See separate procedure if you are an attorney filer.
- This event is used when you wish to withdraw a document that you previously filed with the Court. It cannot be used if you were not the original filer of the document you are seeking to withdraw.
- If you wish to have the document completely removed from the court record, for example, because it contains personal identifiers such as the full Social Security Number, a Motion to Remove Document should be filed instead of a Withdrawal.
Do not use this event to withdraw any of the following:
- An appearance. Use Motion to Withdraw as Attorney instead.
- An order or a motion that has already been ruled on. Use Motion for Relief from Judgment/Order instead.
- A Proof of Claim. Use Withdrawal of Claim instead.
- Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution - use Chapter 7 Trustee's Withdrawal of Report of No Distribution instead.
- A Debtor Electronic Noticing Request. These requests must be deactivated instead of withdrawn. View instructions
- A reaffirmation agreement. These should be rescinded, not withdrawn.
- The Withdrawal must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Withdrawal if the document being withdrawn also required a Certificate of Service.
- The uploaded pdf should not be titled as a motion (i.e. Motion to Withdraw Document), neither should a proposed order be uploaded. A court order is not required to withdraw a document.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Limited Users.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Withdraw Document from the event list and click Next.
5. Enter name of party filing the document and click Next.
6. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
7. All documents that you have previously filed on the case are displayed. Select the document you wish to withdraw and click Next.
8. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next.
9. Click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.