You are here


(a)   Initial Filing

A voluntary case is commenced by the filing of a voluntary petition along with the lists, schedules, statements, and other documents required by Fed.R.Bankr.P. 1002, 1007 and 11 U.S.C. §§301 and 521 or by subparagraph (b) of this rule. Filings can be made either electronically or non-electronically under S.D. Ind. B-5005-1 and B-5005-4.

(b)   Emergency Filing: Minimum Required

A voluntary petition filed without the lists, schedules, statements, and other documents required by Fed.R.Bankr.P. 1007 and 11 U.S.C. §521 shall be accompanied by:

(1)    if the Debtor is an individual, a certificate of counseling from an approved credit counseling agency or a Motion Requesting Temporary or Permanent Waiver of Credit Counseling Requirement under 11 U.S.C. §109(h);

(2)     if the Debtor is an individual, a Statement of Social Security Number (Official Form 121);

(3)     the appropriate filing fee, an Application to Pay Filing Fee in Installments (Official Form 103A) or, if a Chapter 7, an application requesting waiver of the filing fee (Official Form 103B);

(4)     uploaded creditor information necessary to provide proper notice to all scheduled creditors or, if filed non-electronically, the CD, diskette, DVD, flash drive, or other acceptable medium required by S.D.Ind. B-1007-1(b); and

(5)     in a Chapter 11 case, the list of the twenty largest unsecured creditors and a list of creditors who have or claim to have a secured claim.

(c)   Emergency Filing: Dismissal for Failure to Provide Required Documents

Failure to submit the above required items at the time of filing or within 7 days thereafter may result in dismissal of the case under S.D. Ind. B-1017-1(b). A request for an extension of time to file the other documents required by this rule shall comply with Fed.R.Bankr.P. 1007.

(d)   Filing a Case Non-Electronically

For cases filed non-electronically, the filing party shall comply with the filing requirements in S.D.Ind. B-5005-1(c).

(e)   Transfer to Correct Division

If the Court determines that a case has been filed in the incorrect division, the Court may transfer the case to the correct division without notice.