Official Procedure Last Change April 22, 2019
Notice of Submission
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Notice of Submission
Things to be aware of when filing: This event should only be used if no other option is available in ECF.
- The Notice of Submission option can be used only when no other option is available in ECF. How do I know if there is a specific option available to use? Exceptions: Notice of Submission should be used in the following circumstances:
- If you are seeking, by means of a Motion to Remove , to remove a motion or application that has already been ruled on, you should file the replacement using the Notice of Submission event.
- Submission of change of debtor's name due to marriage.
- Notice of Withdrawal of Claim filed by attorney for debtor.
- Withdrawal of an amended claim where the original claim is still valid.
- If the document you are filing will require a court order, the Motion for Authority event should be used instead of Notice of Submission (again, only if there is no specific menu option available in ECF).
Document must contain the debtor name and case number, and be signed by the filing party.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Notice of Submission from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. If you wish to relate this filing to another document already on the docket, check the Refer to existing event(s)? check box.
9. Click Next.
10. If you checked the box in step 8, click Next, then check the box next to the document to which your filing relates, then click Next.
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, add text to the text box to identify what is being submitted, e.g."of mortgage documentation," then click Next.
12. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.