Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2019
Request for Notice
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Request for Notice
These instructions are for attorneys only. See separate procedure for instructions for limited users.
- A Request for Notice does not entitle the filer to receive notices that they are not otherwise entitled to receive.
- When an attorney files a Request for Notice electronically, they are not added to the case as a party. Therefore, they will not receive notices of electronic filing on that case unless they file some other pleading. However, if the attorney adds themselves to the creditors mailing list, they will receive by mail copies of notices that are sent out to all creditors.
- The Request for Notice must be signed by the filing party.
- No order is required to be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Request for Notice from the event list and click Next.
6. Click Next.
7. Enter name and mailing address of party requesting notice into the large text box and click Next.
8. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.