Official Procedure Last Change January 24, 2022
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Hearing Notice (must be reviewed & approved by Court before filing)
- This event should only be used when the court has instructed a filer to prepare and distribute a hearing notice related to a pleading already filed.
- The hearing notice must be approved by the court before distribution and filing.
- The Notice must specify:
- The date, time and location of the hearing;
- The objection deadline, if there is one, and
- The address of the Clerk's office to which any objections must be sent, if applicable.
- The Notice must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Hearing Notice (must be reviewed & approved by Court before filing) from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. If the notice you are filing has been reviewed and approved by the court, select the Yes radio button and click Next. If it has not, stop and contact the court for approval before proceeding.
8. Select the correct radio button to indicate whether the notice is amending one already on the docket, then click Next.
9. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
10. Select the appropriate radio button to indicate whether you are including the Certificate of Service in this filing, or if you will file it later.
11. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether your notice includes an objection deadline, and click Next.
12. If you answered Yes in the step above, select the correct radio button to indicate whether the hearing will only be held if objections are filed. Click Next.
13. At the category selection screen click Next.
14. Select the document to which the notice relates and click Next.
15. Enter hearing date, time and location and click Next.
16. Enter objections due date (and time, if applicable) as shown in your PDF and click Next.
17. Final docket text is displayed. If correct, click Next to continue.
18. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.