Official Procedure Last Change June 30, 2017
Relief from Abandonment Notice with Certificate of Service
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Relief from Abandonment Notice with Certificate of Service
Things to be aware of when filing: This event is used in connection with a Motion for Relief from Notation of Abandonment or Order in No Asset Case, not in connection with a Motion for Relief from Stay and/or Abandonment.
This event is used when a Motion for Relief from Notation of Abandonment or Order in No Asset Case has already been filed, but the 14-day Objection Notice was not filed as part of that Motion. This event allows the separate filing of the Objection Notice.
- The Notice must specify:
- A 14 day objection period from the date the Notice was served;
- The address of the Clerk's office to which any objections must be sent.
- The Notice must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Relief from Abandonment Notice with Certificate of Service from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Objection deadline is calculated and displayed. Click Next.
9. Select the Motion for Relief to which this notice relates and click Next.
10. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.