Official Procedure Last Change October 7, 2022
Notice of Joinder in Involuntary Petition Pursuant to Sec. 303(c)
Location of event: Bankruptcy > File Involuntary Bankruptcy Case & Pleadings > File Pleadings in Involuntary Case
- This event may be used in an involuntary petition to support a motion, objection, or other pleading filed by another party.
- If seeking relief independent of a previously filed motion or objection, the appropriate course is to file an original motion, objection, or order pleading rathen than 'joining' one already on file.
- Unless the Court order otherwise, a Notice of Joinder shall not be treated as a separte request for relief or require a response or objection thereto by any other party.
- A request to join an adversary proceeding as a party plaintiff or defendnt shall be filed as a Motion for Joinder under FRBP 7020.
- The notice must be signed by the filing party.
- A certificate of service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > File Involuntary Bankruptcy Case & Pleadings > File Pleadings in Involuntary Case.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Notice of Joinder In Involuntray Petition Pursuant to Sec. 303(c), Notice of from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Review final docket text. If correct, click Next.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.