Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2022
Notice of Retention and Compensation Terms
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Retention and Compensation Terms, Notice of
A Chapter 13 Debtor who is using a Professional to pursue the sale, determination or collection of property of the estate pursuant to 11 U.S.C. § 1306, including claims that arise post-petition, shall file a Notice of Retention and Compensation Terms as to each Professional retained (view flowchart).
If the trustee has not consented to the terms of the professional's retention or compensation, the trustee may file an objection to the Notice within 14 days of its filing.
All other filers should use the Application to Employ event.
- Use of the court's sample form is recommended : for causes of action for sale of property
- The Notice must report the consent of the trustee to the terms of compensation and must confirm the instruction given to the Professional on the disposition of any proceeds.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Retention and Compensation Terms, Notice of from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Indicate whether you are filing an Amended Notice or Retention and Compensation Terms, and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.