Official Procedure Last Change September 16, 2022
Satisfaction of Judgment
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications
A satisfaction of judgment may be filed to inform the court a judgment or order has been satisfied.
This event should not be used in place of a Satisfaction of Claim.
- The document must be signed by the filing party.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Satisfaction of Judgment from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
6. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
7. If you wish to relate this filing to another document already on the docket, check the Refer to existing event(s)? check box and click Next.
8. If you checked the box in step 7, click Next, then check the box next to the document to which your filing relates, then click Next.
8. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next.
9. Click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.