Official Procedure Last Change July 31, 2017
Withdraw Claim Notice with Certificate of Service
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Withdraw Claim Notice with Certificate of Service
This event is used when a Motion to Withdraw Claim has already been filed, but the 21-day Objection Notice was not filed as part of that Motion. This event allows the separate filing of the Objection Notice without the need to re-file the entire Motion.
- The Notice must specify:
- A 21 day objection period from the date the Notice was served;
- The address of the Clerk's office to which any objections must be sent.
- The Notice must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Withdraw Claim Notice with Certificate of Service from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Select the Motion to Withdraw Claim Pursuant to Fed.R.Bankr.P. 3006 to which the objection notice relates and click Next.
9. Objection deadline is calculated and displayed. Click Next.
10. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.