Official Procedure Last Change May 10, 2013
Notice of Withdrawal as Attorney
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Withdrawal as Attorney, Notice of
Things to be aware of when filing: Debtor's attorneys who are withdrawing cannot use this event. A Motion to Withdraw as Attorney must be filed instead.
This event enables an attorney to withdraw from a case in which he or she no longer has any pending issues, without the need to prepare a PDF document or for the court to enter an order.
Attorneys for debtor, plaintiff or defendant, or those that still have pending issues in the case, must use the Motion to Withdraw as Attorney event instead.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Withdraw as Attorney, Notice of from the event list and click Next.
5. Select the party you represent and click Next.
6. Read the certification message and check the box, then click Next.
7. Final docket text is displayed. Verify that it is correct and click Next.
8. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.