Official Procedure Last Change December 19, 2016
Appearance on Behalf of Child Support Creditor (Form 2810)
How to file:
Things to be aware of when filing: It is recommended that Official Form 2810 be used.
Attorneys or other representatives for child support creditors:
- do not have to pay filing fees;
- do not have to file electronically in the Southern District of Indiana;
- do not have to be admitted to the bar nor file a pro hac vice motion.
- In order to take advantage of any of the three exemptions listed above, the attorney or other representative must file Form 2810 with the court.
- In lieu of filing Form 2810, the information contained in that form may be included in a 'regular' appearance (if the representative is an attorney), or in the first pleading filed.
In order to obtain exemption from filing fees, an e-mail must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org whenever an event that charges a fee is filed. The following information should be included in the e-mail:
- Attorney filer's name
- Case Number
- Event (e.g., Motion for Relief from Stay)
- Dollar Amount
- Date of Filing
- Reason the fee is not required.
Upon completion of the event, select Continue Filing from the credit card pop-up screen. Do not pay your outstanding fees. The court will review the filing and notify you by return e-mail if the fee has been removed or if the fee must be paid.
- When an attorney for a child support creditor is first given a log-in and password from the court, they will be required by ECF to file Form 2810 using the instructions below before being allowed to file any other document.
- It is recommended that Official Form 2810 be used.
- The Appearance must be signed by the filing party.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Appearance on Behalf of Child Support Creditor - Form 2810 from the event list and click Next.
5. Click Next.
Note: Joint filing of appearances is not allowed pursuant to guidance sent by Clerk.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. An important message is displayed regarding filing fees. Click Next
9. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.