Official Procedure Last Change April 14, 2020
Objection Notice (Generic)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Objection Notice (must be reviewed & approved by Court before filing)
- This event should only be used when the court has instructed a filer to prepare and distribute an objection notice related to a pleading already filed.
- The objection notice must be approved by the court before distribution and filing.
- If a hearing date is included, the Hearing Notice event must be used instead - even if the hearing will only be held if objections are filed.
- The Notice must specify:
- The objection deadline,
- The address of the Clerk's office to which any objections must be sent.
- The Notice must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Objection Notice (must be reviewed & approved by Court before filing) from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. If the notice you are filing has been reviewed and approved by the court, select the Yes radio button and click Next. If it has not, stop and contact the court for approval before proceeding.
9. At the category selection screen click Next.
10. Select the document to which the notice relates and click Next.
11. Select the appropriate radio button to indicate whether you are including the Certificate of Service in this filing, or if you will file it later.
12. Enter objections due date as shown in your PDF and click Next.
13. A message is displayed (regardless of the date you selected in the previous step). Click Next.
14. Final docket text is displayed. If correct, click Next to continue.
15. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.