Official Procedure Last Change October 14, 2016
Request for Further Notice of Abandonment
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Abandonment, Request for Further Notice of [Pursuant to LR B-6007-1(a)(1)(A)(ii)]
Things to be aware of when filing: This event should only be used by creditors who wish to obtain notification if and when the Trustee files a Report of No Distribution. It differs from the more common Request for Notice event.
These instructions are for attorneys only. See separate procedure for instructions for limited users.
- This event should only be used by creditors who wish to obtain notification if and when the Trustee files a Report of No Distribution. It differs from the more common Request for Notice event.
- The event only applies to cases whose most recent Notice of Meeting of Creditors was issued on or after August 29, 2016.
- The deadline for filing a Request for Further Notice is one day before the first date set for the §341 meeting of creditors.
- When the trustee files a Report of No Distribution, the court will send an objection notice to all parties on the case that have filed a Request for Further Notice.
- The Request for Further Notice must be signed by the filing party.
- No order is required to be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Abandonment, Request for Further Notice of [Pursuant to LR B-6007-1(a)(1)(A)(ii)] from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.