Official Procedure Last Change June 15, 2021
Employment Notice with Certificate of Service
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Employment Application Notice
Things to be aware of when filing: The notice must be reviewed by the Court before it is filed.
This event is used in Chapter 11 and 12 cases by the filer of an Application to Employ.
- The notice must be reviewed by the court before distribution and filing.
- The Notice must specify a 21 day objection period.
- A Certificate of Service must be included, which must be signed.
- The notice must contain the information required by S. D. Ind. B-2014-1.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Employment Application Notice from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Check the box next to the Application to Employ to which your Notice relates and click Next.
9. Objection deadline is calculated and displayed. Click Next.
10. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.