You are here

Notice of Servicer Change

Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2011

Notice of Servicer Change

How to file: 

Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Servicer Change, Notice of

These instructions are for attorneys only. See separate procedure for instructions for limited users.

General Information

  • S. D. Ind. 3002.1-1(c) requires mortgage holders to file notice of any change in the mortgage servicer while the bankruptcy is pending. The Notice must provide the name of the servicer, the payment address, a contact phone number, and a contact email address.
  • A Notice of Payment Change must be filed using the separate event.

Step-by-Step Instructions

1. Log into CM/ECF.

2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.

3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.

4. Select Servicer Change, Notice of from the event list and click Next.

5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.

6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.

Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.

7. A reminder notice is displayed. Click Next.

8. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.

9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.

10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).

Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.