Official Procedure Last Change April 30, 2010
Release from Active Duty
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications > Release from Active Duty
- The Release from Active Duty is a text-only entry on the docket. No PDF document is required.
- It is used by Chapter 7 debtors who claimed an exclusion from the Means Test and who were in active duty at the time of filing the Means Test, but who have now been released from active duty.
- Both debtors in a joint case can be included in one docket entry, if both have been released from active duty.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Notices & Certifications.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Release from Active Duty from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Click Next.
8. If filing on an joint case, select appropriate response from the drop-down box, and click Next.
9. Enter date debtor was released from active duty and click Next. Repeat the step for the joint debtor, if applicable
10. Click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.