Official Procedure Last Change October 21, 2020
Omnibus Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds
How to file:
Consult with the Clerk's Office before attempting to file an omnibus application
An omnibus application for payment of unclaimed funds is a request to receive payment from multiple cases. Requests for payments from a single case should be filed using the Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds instructions.
Refer to instructions for Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds.
- The claimant must mail or deliver to the Clerk's office a single application for unclaimed funds listing cases and amounts (including a grand total amount). Supporting documentation must be included for each case - each document should be for a single case and should list the case number. The Application must be accompanied by the Miscellaneous Proceeding filing fee (listed as Filing any document not in a case on the Fee Schedule).
- The Clerk's Office will scan the Application. Each supporting document is scanned as a separate document. (For example, 15 cases would result in 15 PDFs).
- The Clerk's Office opens a miscellaneous proceeding and dockets the Application for Unclaimed Funds on it.
- An Unclaimed Funds Supporting Documents event is docketed on the miscellaneous proceeding attaching each scanned supporting document separately. The document's description should include the case number.
- An order granting the application is entered on the miscellaneous proceeding, which automatically sends an e-mail to the Financial department.
The following docket entry appears on all affected cases:
Order Granting Application for Payment of Unclaimed Funds by Creditor XXX with supporting documents (re: Doc # 3 on 20-56009).