Official Procedure Last Change September 2, 2016
Request for Transcript
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Appeals & Withdrawals of Reference > Transcript, Request for
Things to be aware of when filing: Use of the court's sample form is recommended.
- For cases on appeal, either a Request for Transcript must be filed by the Appellant or a Certification – Transcript not Ordered, which may be filed by any party.
- A written request must be filed by the requesting party.
- Upon receipt, the Court will contact the transcriptionist, who will file an Acknowledgement of Receipt of the Request for Transcript. The transcriptionist has 30 days to prepare and submit the transcript.
- The transcriptionist will file the transcript electronically via CM/ECF, upon which the Court will send out a notice to all creditors advising them of how to obtain
- a copy of the transcript and setting deadlines for filing a Request for Redaction. The transcriptionist will mail the Certification to the Court, which the Court will docket.
- For the first 90 days after the transcript is docketed, non-court users do not have access to view the transcript via PACER. Copies must be purchased directly from the transcriptionist, or the transcript may be viewed at no charge from a public terminal in the Clerk's office.
- After the 90 days has passed, the restriction is removed and the transcript is made accessible to all users via PACER.
- Use of the court's sample form is recommended.
- The Request for Transcript must be signed.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Transcript, Request for from the event list and click Next.
Note: For cases on appeal, a Request for Transcript or a Certification – Transcript not Ordered is required to be filed. A Request for Transcript must be filed by the Appellant; any party may file the Certification.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
6. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
7. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
9. Select the minute entry that corresponds to the hearing for which you are requesting the transcript and click Next.
10. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
11. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.