Official Procedure Last Change June 1, 2010
Reaffirmation Agreement Cover Sheet (Limited Users)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Limited Users > Reaffirmation Agreement - Cover Sheet
Things to be aware of when filing: Official forms must be used. Download Reaffirmation forms
This procedure is for limited users only. See separate procedure if you are an attorney filer.
- A completed Reaffirmation Cover Sheet must be included with all Reaffirmation Agreements filed with the Court.
- If the cover sheet was inadvertently omitted when the Reaffirmation Agreement was filed, the following instructions should be used to file the cover sheet. However, these instructions are only to be used when the Reaffirmation Agreement is already on the docket. If filing the Cover Sheet together with the Reaffirmation Agreement, use the Reaffirmation Agreement menu option.
- Cover sheets must be filed using Official Form 427. Download Reaffirmation forms
- Cover sheet must be signed by one of the parties to the Agreement.
- Additionally, if any information has been included in lines 11 or 12, the debtor(s) must have signed below line 12. This must be done even if they have also signed the bottom of the cover sheet.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Limited Users.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Reaffirmation Agreement - Cover Sheet from the event list and click Next.
5. Enter name of party filing the document and click Next.
6. Check the box next to the Reaffirmation Agreement to which the Cover Sheet that you are filing relates and click Next.
8. If this is an Amended Cover Sheet, choose Amended from the drop-down box, else leave blank. Click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.