Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2011
Notice of Fees, Expenses or Charges (limited users)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Limited Users > Fees, Expenses or Charges (Rule 3002.1), Notice of
Things to be aware of when filing: You must previously have filed a proof of claim before CM/ECF will allow you to file your Notice of Fees, Expenses or Charges.
This procedure is for limited users only. See separate procedure if you are an attorney filer.
- A Notice of Fees, Expenses or Charges allows a mortgage holder to advise the court of any fees, expenses and charges (such as payment of real estate taxes or insurance).
- The Notice of Fees, Expenses and Charges is added to the claims register as a claims supplement, not to the docket, and can be viewed only by accessing the claims register.
- The Motion for Determination of Fees, Expenses or Charges event can be used to file a challenge to a Notice of Fees, Expenses and Charges. This motion can be filed by either the debtor or the trustee, and must be filed within one year after service of the Notice of Fees, Expenses or Charges.
- Notices of Fees, Expenses or Charges must be filed using Official Form B410S2.
- The Notice must be served within 180 days after the date on which the fees, expenses, or charges are incurred.
- A copy of the Notice must be served on the debtor, debtor's attorney and trustee.
- An appearance is not required.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Limited Users.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Fees, Expenses or Charges (Rule 3002.1), Notice of from the event list and click Next.
5. Enter name of party filing the document and click Next.
7. Click to select the claim to which the Notice relates and click Next.
8. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.