Official Procedure Last Change July 18, 2016
Report of Settlement or Impasse (limited users)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Limited Users > Loss Mitigation - Report of Settlement or Impasse
Things to be aware of when filing: This event is for use only in connection with the Loss Mitigation process.
This procedure is for limited users only. See separate procedure if you are an attorney filer.
This event is available for use by a debtor who has a pending Chapter 13 case and whose residence is at risk of loss, to obtain an agreed mortgage modification.
For instructions on the loss mitigation process, requirements and deadlines, consult General Order 16-0002. View flowchart outlining the loss mitigation process
- A Report of Settlement does not require a PDF to be attached. A copy of the settlement should be attached to the Motion to Approve Loss Mitigation Agreement.
- A Report of Impasse does require a PDF, which must be signed by the debtor/debtor's attorney or the mediator.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Limited Users.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Loss Mitigation - Report of Settlement or Impasse from the event list and click Next.
5. Enter name of party filing the document and click Next.
6. Select the Order Granting Request for Loss Mitigation to which the Report relates and click Next.
7. Select radio button to indicate whether your report is a report of settlement (no PDF required) or a report of impasse (PDF required) and click Next.
8. If you indicated that you are filing a Report of Impasse, browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
If you indicated that you are filing a Report of Settlement, a message is displayed. Click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next.
10. Click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.