Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2018
Notice of Payment Change (limited users)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Limited Users > Payment Change (Rule 3002.1), Notice of
Things to be aware of when filing: Do not confuse this event with Notice of Exception to Filing a Notice of Payment Change, which should only be used when requesting exemption from the requirement to file notices of payment change.
This procedure is for limited users only. See separate procedure if you are an attorney filer.
- A Notice of Payment Change allows a mortgage holder to advise the court that there has been a change in the debtor's mortgage payment. The Notice of Payment Change must be filed at least 21 days before the new payment amount is due.
- The Notice of Payment Change is added to the claims register as a claims supplement, not to the docket, and can be viewed only by accessing the claims register. (The Notice of Payment Change will appear on the docket instead of the claims register if it is indicated during filing that no related claim has been filed.)
- The Motion to Determine Validity of Payment Change event should be used to file a challenge to a Notice of Payment Change.
- Notices of Payment Change must be filed using Official Form B410S1.
- A copy of the Notice must be served on the debtor, debtor's attorney and trustee.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Limited Users.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Payment Change (Rule 3002.1), Notice of from the event list and click Next.
5. Enter name of party filing the document and click Next.
6. If a proof of claim has previously been filed relating to the mortgage, select the Proof of claim form has been filed radio button. (You will be asked to select the related claim in the a later step.) Otherwise, select the Proof of claim form has NOT been filed radio button. Click Next.
8. Click to select the claim to which the Notice relates and click Next (this step is skipped if you indicated in step 6 that a proof of claim has not been filed).
9. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.