Official Procedure Last Change June 8, 2012
Notice of Fees, Expenses or Charges
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Claims > Claim Events > Fees, Expenses or Charges (Rule 3002.1), Notice of
Things to be aware of when filing: You must previously have filed a proof of claim before CM/ECF will allow you to file your Notice of Fees, Expenses or Charges.
These instructions are for attorneys only. See separate procedure for instructions for limited users.
A Notice of Fees, Expenses or Charges allows a mortgage holder to advise the court of any fees, expenses and charges (such as payment of real estate taxes or insurance).
The Motion for Determination of Fees, Expenses or Charges event can be used to file a challenge to a Notice of Fees, Expenses or Charges. This motion can be filed by either the debtor or the trustee, and must be filed within one year after service of the Notice of Fees, Expenses or Charges.
- Notices of Fees, Expenses or Charges must be filed using Official Form B410S2.
- The Notice must be served within 180 days after the date on which the fees, expenses, or charges are incurred.
- A copy of the Notice must be served on the debtor, debtor's attorney and trustee.
- An appearance is not required.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Claims > Claim Events.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Fees, Expenses or Charges (Rule 3002.1), Notice of from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Click to select the claim to which the Notice relates and click Next.
9. Final docket text is displayed for review. Click Next.
10. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.