(a) Abbreviations Applicable to All Rules
(1) Fed.R.Bankr.P.: the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure
(2) Fed.R.Civ.P.: the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
(3) ITIN: Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
(4) S.D.Ind. B- ___: a local rule of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana
(5) S.D.Ind. L.R. ___: a local rule of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
(6) SSN: Social Security number
(7) U.S.C.: the United States Code
(8) UST: the United States Trustee for Region 10 and/or the Executive Office for the United States Trustees
(b) Definitions Applicable to All Rules
Capitalized terms in these local rules are defined below or in the rule where the term is used, or are the title to an official form or specific ECF event.
(1) Appearance: an appearance that complies with S.D.Ind. B-9010-1.
(2) Certificate of Service: a document that complies with S.D.Ind. B-9013-2.
(3) Clerk: the Clerk of the Court.
(4) Court: the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana.
(5) Court’s website: refers to the Court’s website located at http://www.insb.uscourts.gov.
(6) Debtor: includes both debtors in a joint case and a debtor-in-possession in a Chapter 11 or Chapter 12 case. In the context of service of pleadings and notices, “the Debtor” includes the Debtor and counsel of record for the Debtor. A requirement imposed upon the “Debtor” by these rules shall be performed by counsel for the Debtor, if any, except as follows:
(A) Official Forms shall be signed by the Debtor or the Debtor’s representative in a non-individual case under Fed.R.Bankr.P. 9001(5); and
(B) if counsel for the Debtor in the bankruptcy case has not entered an appearance in the matter pending before a state court or other tribunal, the notices required by B-4002-1(a) shall be signed by the Debtor or an attorney who has entered an appearance for the Debtor in the non-bankruptcy matter.
(7) Meeting of Creditors: includes the first meeting set under 11 U.S.C. §341 and any continued meeting.
(8) Non-Sub V Small Business Case: a case filed under Chapter 11 of the U.S.C. in which the Debtor is a small business debtor as defined by 11 U.S.C. § 101(51D) and the Debtor has not elected to proceed under Subchapter V of Chapter 11 of the U.S.C.
(9) Notice List: the Service List and parties required to receive notice under Fed.R.Bankr.P. 2002, unless the Debtor has obtained an order limiting notice.
(10) Objection Notice: a notice that the filer is required to distribute to designated parties which gives a time period after service for the filing of objections or responses. A rule with this reference gives the time period and designates the parties to whom the notice is distributed.
(11) Professional: an attorney, accountant, appraiser, auctioneer or other professional person whose employment was approved by the Court under 11 U.S.C. §§327, 1103(a), or 1114(b)(2).
(12) Service List: the Debtor, the Debtor’s counsel, the 20 largest unsecured creditors in a Chapter 11 case or, if applicable, the unsecured creditors’ committee, the UST, a Trustee, all secured creditors, an indenture trustee, a committee appointed under 11 U.S.C. § 1102 or 1114, and& counsel that has filed an Appearance. If counsel appears for a party listed above, that counsel shall be substituted for the party for purpose of this definition, absent a specific request by the party that it be retained on the Service List.
(13) Sub V Small Business Case: a case filed under Chapter 11 of the U.S.C. in which the Debtor is defined by 11 U.S.C. § 1182(1) and the Debtor has elected to proceed under Subchapter V of Chapter 11 of the U.S.C.
(14) Trustee or trustee: the trustee appointed in a bankruptcy case under 11 U.S.C. §§701, 702, 1104, 1183, 1202, or 1302.