Official Procedure Last Change July 18, 2016
Motion to Approve Loss Mitigation Agreement
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation > Loss Mitigation Agreement, Motion to Approve
Things to be aware of when filing: This event is for use only in connection with the Loss Mitigation process.
- This event is available for use by a debtor who has a pending Chapter 13 case and whose residence is at risk of loss, to obtain an agreed mortgage modification.
- For instructions on the loss mitigation process, consult General Order 16-0002 View flowchart outlining the loss mitigation process
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Motion.
- The Loss Mitigation Agreement must be attached to the Motion and signed by both the debtor/debtor's attorney and the lender.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Loss Mitigation Agreement, Motion to Approve from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the Report of Settlement to which the Motion relates and click Next.
9. Trustee's objection deadline is calculated and displayed. Click Next
10. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.