Official Procedure Last Change October 2, 2018
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Appeals & Withdrawals of Reference > Appellant Designation/Statement of Issues
Things to be aware of when filing:
- The appellant is required to file with the Clerk's office, and serve on the appellee, a designation of items to be included in the record on appeal, and a statement of the issues to be presented.
- This designation must be filed within 14 days after the filing of the Notice of Appeal, and must be in compliance with Local Rule B-8009-1. The parties may not highlight a docket to show what they are designating. The parties should be specific when listing designated items and must include the court’s docket numbers for each item designated.
- If a transcript is requested to be included in the record, a separate Request for Transcript must be filed, unless the transcript has previously been requested.
- If a transcript is not being ordered, a Certification – Transcript not Ordered must be filed. Either party may file the Certification.
- Upon filing of the appellant designation, the appellee has 14 days to file their designation of additional items.
- A Statement of Issues to be presented should be included along with the Designation.
- The Designation must be signed.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Designation.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Appellant Designation/Statement of Issues from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. The Appellee Designation deadline is displayed. Click Next.
9. Check the box next to the Notice of Appeal to which your Designation relates and click Next.
10. Select appropriate radio button and click Next.
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
12. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.