Official Procedure Last Change October 2, 2018
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Appeals & Withdrawals of Reference > Appellee Designation
Things to be aware of when filing:
Full information on the Appeals process
- The appellee is required to file with the Clerk's office, and serve on the appellant, a designation of items to be included in the record on appeal, and a statement of the issues to be presented.
- The Appellee’s designation must be in compliance with Local Rule B-8009-1. The parties may not highlight a docket to show what they are designating. The parties should be specific when listing designated items and must include the court’s docket numbers for each item designated.
- If a transcript is requested to be included in the record, a separate Request for Transcript must be filed, unless the transcript has previously been requested.
- If a transcript is not being ordered, a Certification – Transcript not Ordered must be filed. Either party may file the Certification.
- The Designation must be signed.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Designation.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Appeals & Withdrawals of Reference.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Appellee Designation from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Check the box next to the Notice of Appeal to which your Designation relates and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.