Official Procedure Last Change March 15, 2018
Designation of Record re: Withdrawal of Reference
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Appeals & Withdrawals of Reference > Designation of Record re: Withdrawal of Reference (including Additional Items)
Things to be aware of when filing: This event should only be used to file a designation related to a Motion for Withdrawal of Reference. To file a designation related to an appeal, see separate procedures on Appellant Designation or Appellee Designation.
- A motion for withdrawal of reference is a request to have a contested matter, an adversary proceeding or an entire bankruptcy be handled by District Court instead of by the Bankruptcy Court.
- A designation of record must be filed along with the Motion for Withdrawal of Reference. This is a list of documents on the case that the movant wishes to be considered by District Court along with the Motion. If the Designation of Record was not included in the PDF with the Motion, it may be filed separately using the instructions below.
- Any other party has 14 days to file a designation of additional items they want to be considered by District Court. A list of those additional items can be filed during that time period using the instructions below.
- The Designation must be filed in the Bankruptcy Court, not in District Court.
- The Designation must be signed.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Designation.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Appeals & Withdrawals of Reference.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Designation of Record re: Withdrawal of Reference (including Additional Items) from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Check the box next to the Motion for Withdrawal of Reference (or Designation of Record if you are filing a designation of additional items) to which your Designation relates and click Next.
9. If a designation has already been filed, you are asked if you a filing a list of additional items. Select the appropriate radio button and click Next. If you selected Yes, skip to step 12.
10. Enter the date the Designation was served, as shown on your Certificate of Service.
11. Deadline for filing of additional items by other parties is calculated and displayed. Click Next.
12. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
13. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.