Official Procedure Last Change March 31, 2016
Motion for Extension of Time to File Designation
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs > Extend Time to File Miscellaneous Documents, Motion to
Things to be aware of when filing: In the Southern District of Indiana, the Bankruptcy Judge, not a District Court judge, rules on this Motion. The bankruptcy case caption should therefore be used.
In the Southern District of Indiana, the Bankruptcy Judge, not a District Court judge rules on this Motion. The Motion is not transmitted to District Court.
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Motion.
- It is not necessary to upload a proposed order - the court will prepare one.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Motions, Applications & Briefs.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Extend Time to File Miscellaneous Documents, Motion to from the event list and click Next.
5. Select appropriate radio button to indicate whether or not the Motion you are filing is amended.
6. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney. Click Next.
7. If you indicated that you are filing jointly with other attorney(s), select additional attorney(s) and click Next.
Note: You cannot add attorneys. Only attorneys who have previously entered an appearance will be available for selection.
8. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
10. Check the Refer to existing event(s)? box and click Next.
11. Click to select appeal in the list and click Next.
12. Check the appropriate box next to the related Notice of Appeal and Next.
13. Type Designation in the text box.
14. If you indicated in step 5 that you are filing an amended motion, all pending motions on the docket are displayed. Select the motion that is being amended.
15. Click Next.
16. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
Note: The prefix text option is not available if you indicated in Step 5 that the Motion you are filing is amended.
17. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.