Official Procedure Last Change March 27, 2018
Statement of Evidence in Lieu of Transcript
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Appeals & Withdrawals of Reference > Statement of Evidence in Lieu of Transcript
A Statement of Evidence in Lieu of Transcript can be filed if a transcript is unavailable for any reason (for example, the recording process failed). Any Response to this statement has its own docket event.
The Bankruptcy Court will issue an Order. The Bankruptcy Court can designate additional items to be in this Statement if desired.
The Statement must be signed.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Statement of Evidence in Lieu of Transcript from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Check the box next to the Notice of Appeal to which your Statement relates and click Next.
9. Response due date is calculated and displayed. Click Next.
10. Click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.