Official Procedure Last Change March 31, 2016
Motion to Extend Time to Appeal Under Rule 8002(d)
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Appeals & Withdrawals of Reference > Extend Time to Appeal Under Rule 8002(d), Motion to
- A Notice of Appeal must be filed within 14 days of the entry of the order being appealed. If more time is needed to file the Notice of Appeal, a Motion to Extend Time to Appeal Under Rule 8002(d) should be filed.
- The maximum extension that can be granted is 21 days.
- Motion must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Motion.
- Filing party is responsible for uploading a proposed order.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Extend Time to Appeal Under Rule 8002(d), Motion to from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.