Official Procedure Last Change July 18, 2016
Notice of Selection of Mediator
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation > Mediator, Notice of Selection of
Things to be aware of when filing: The Notice must state the name of the proposed mediator.
This event is used after an order has been entered referring a matter to mediation.
If the parties cannot agree on a mediator within such time period, or elect to request the Court to name a panel of mediators for their consideration, a Motion to Select Panel of Mediator Candidates should be filed. At the conclusion of the striking process contemplated by S. D. Ind. B-9019-2(e)(2), a Notice of Selection of Mediator must be filed.
The mediator must prepare an Affidavit disclosing any connections within 7 days of the filing of the Notice of Selection of Mediator. It may be filed along with such Notice, or separately using the Affidavit Disclosing Mediator’s Connections event.
- The Notice must state the name of the proposed mediator.
- The Notice must be signed by the filing party.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Mediator, Notice of Selection of from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the Order Granting Motion to Refer to Mediation to which the Notice relates and click Next.
9. Enter name of mediator and select appropriate radio button to indicate whether you are attaching the mediator's Affidavit. Click Next.
10. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.