Official Procedure Last Change July 18, 2016
Request for Disqualification of Mediator
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation > Mediator, Request for Disqualification of
A party that believes that the mediator should be disqualified, for example, because their impartiality might be in question, may file a Request for Disqualification of Mediator.
- The request must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
- A proposed order must be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Mediator, Request for Disqualification of from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the Notice of Selection of Mediator to which the Request relates and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.