Official Procedure Last Change July 18, 2016
Notice on Request for Loss Mitigation
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation > Loss Mitigation Request Notice
Things to be aware of when filing: This event is for use only after the filing of a Request for Loss Mitigation.
A party filing a Request for Loss Mitigation is required to distribute a 14-day objection notice, and file a copy with the court along with a certificate of service. If this was not filed along with the Request, the notice may be filed separately using the instructions below.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
- The objection period specified in the notice must be 14 days.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Loss Mitigation Request Notice from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Objection due date is calculated and displayed. Select the Request for Loss Mitigation to which the notice relates and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.