Official Procedure Last Change July 18, 2016
Report of Mediation
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation > Mediation Report
Things to be aware of when filing: This event is for use only in connection with the Loss Mitigation process.
- If a full settlement is reached, the mediator or the party who requested the mediation must file a Report of Mediation within 7 days following the conclusion of the mediation so advising the Court.
- If the mediation is terminated and does not result in a settlement, the mediator or the party who requested the mediation must file a Report of Mediation so advising the Court.
- If a partial settlement is reached, the mediator must file a Report of Mediation so advising the Court and/or the parties must file a motion to compromise and settle or a notice of submission of any appropriate stipulation.
The Report must be signed by the mediator and/or the filing party(ies).
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Mediation Report from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the Order Granting Motion to Refer to Mediation to which the Report relates and click Next.
9. Select the appropriate radio button and click Next.
10. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.