Official Procedure Last Change July 18, 2016
Affidavit Disclosing Mediator’s Connections
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation > Mediator's Connections, Affidavit Disclosing
Things to be aware of when filing: This event is only to be used for mediators who have been appointed pursuant to S. D. Ind. B-9019-2.
The mediator is required to file an Affidavit within 7 days of the filing of the Notice of Selection of Mediator or the entry of an order in which the mediator is designated. The affidavit must disclose any connections with the parties or counsel involved.
- The Affidavit must be signed by the mediator.
- The Affidavit must summarize the anticipated rate of compensation and terms of payment.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Mediator's Connections, Affidavit Disclosing from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the Notice of Selection of Mediator to which the Affidavit relates and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.