Official Procedure Last Change July 18, 2016
Motion to Refer to Mediation
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation > Mediation, Motion to Refer to
Things to be aware of when filing: If all parties to the matter have consented to the mediation, the Motion must state this.
This event is available for use by any party who wishes to refer a matter to mediation.
- If all parties to the matter have consented to the mediation, the Motion must state this.
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Motion.
- A proposed order must be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Mediation, Motion to Refer to from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. At the category selection screen, click Next.
9. Select the docket entry to which the Motion refers and click Next.
10. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.