Official Procedure Last Change July 18, 2016
Motion to Select Panel of Mediator Candidates
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation > Mediator Candidates, Motion to Select Panel of
This event is used after an order has been entered referring a matter to mediation, and the parties cannot agree on a mediator within 14 days after the order, or if the parties want the court to name a panel of mediators. If a proposed mediator has been agreed upon by the parties, a Notice of Selection of Mediator must be filed within 14 days after entry of the Order Granting Motion to Refer to Mediation. If parties cannot agree on a mediator within this time period, or wish the court to name a panel of mediators, a Motion to Select Panel of Mediator Candidates should be filed.
Once the motion has been filed, the court will issue a Notice of Designation of Mediator Candidates. Parties have 7 days to complete the striking process as described in S. D. Ind. B-9019-2, and file a Notice of Selection of Mediator.
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Motion.
- It is not necessary to upload a proposed order.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Mediator Candidates, Motion to Select Panel of from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Select the Order Granting Motion to Refer to Mediation to which the Motion relates and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.