Official Procedure Last Change May 11, 2017
Motion to Terminate Loss Mitigation
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation > Loss Mitigation, Motion to Terminate
Things to be aware of when filing: This event is for use only in connection with the Loss Mitigation process.
- The Loss Mitigation process is available for use by a debtor who has a pending Chapter 13 case and whose residence is at risk of loss, to obtain an agreed mortgage modification. This event is used to file a request to terminate that process.
- For instructions on the loss mitigation process, requirements and deadlines, consult General Order 16-0002 View flowchart outlining the loss mitigation process
- The Motion must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must accompany the Motion.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Mediation & Loss Mitigation
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Loss Mitigation, Motion to Terminate from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Select the Order Granting Request for Loss Mitigation to which the Motion relates and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.