Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2022
Reports of Operations
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Reports & Financial Documents > Operations Report
The event must be used in all cases except for Chapter 11 non-small business cases. For Chapter 11 non-small business cases, the Chapter 11 Monthly Operating Report event must be used instead.
- Per S. D. Ind. B-2015-1, the trustee or US Trustee is responsible for determining when operating reports should be filed, and what form should be used.
- The report must be signed by the debtor or debtor's attorney.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Reports & Financial Documents.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Operations Report from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Enter period to which the report refers (as reflected on the PDF) and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.