Official Procedure Last Change February 2, 2016
Report of Filed Tax Returns
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Reports & Financial Documents > Report - Tax Returns Filed
Things to be aware of when filing: This event is for the use of the IRS only.
This event is for use by the IRS to inform the court when the debtors comply with an order to file tax returns.
The document must be signed by the filing party.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Reports & Financial Documents.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Report - Tax Returns Filed from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Check the box if you wish to relate the Report to an existing docket entry (e.g. an order to file tax returns), and click Next.
9. If you checked the box in the above step, click Next, select the document to which the Report relates and click Next.
10. Final docket text is displayed. Click Next.
11. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.