Official Procedure Last Change February 2, 2016
Filing Tax Documents
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Reports & Financial Documents > Tax Documents
Things to be aware of when filing: The documents must be redacted before filing, as detailed in FRBP 9037.
This event is for use by the debtor to file tax returns if a party filed and was granted a Motion Requiring Debtor to File Tax Returns/Deposit Books and Records.
Using the instructions below ensures that the documents will be accessible only to the court and to the case trustee. Other parties wishing to gain access to the documents must file a Motion for Access to Tax Information. Once the court grants this motion, a copy of the documents is mailed to the party requesting.
The documents must be redacted before filing, as detailed in FRBP 9037.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Reports & Financial Documents.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Tax Documents from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.