Official Procedure Last Change October 26, 2020
Report of Sale
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Reports & Financial Documents > Report of Sale
- This event is used to report a sale authorized by either an Order Granting Motion to Sell or a Chapter 11, 12 or 13 confirmation order, or to report that the sale did not take place.
- The report must be filed no later than fourteen days after the sale has been completed.
- Use of the Court's sample form is encouraged.
- The report must be signed by the filing party.
- The amount the property was sold for must be stated.
- A certificate of service must accompany the report.
- An order on report of sale is not required to be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Reports & Financial Documents.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Report of Sale from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to select the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Select the Order Granting Motion to Sell, Order Granting Motion to Compromise/Settle or confirmation order to which the report relates, and click Next.
9. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
10. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.