Official Procedure Last Change June 27, 2016
Satisfaction of Claim
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Claims > Claim Events > Satisfaction of Claim
These instructions are for attorneys only. See separate procedure for instructions for limited users.
A satisfaction of claim may be filed by a claimant to advise the court that the claim has now been paid in full.
- The document must be signed by the filing party.
- The document must specify which claim has been satisfied, using the Court claim number (this can be located in CM/ECF by going to Reports > Claims Register).
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Claims > Claim Events.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Satisfaction of Claim from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Browse to attach the document to be filed (pdf file). Click Next.
8. Click the claim in the list that has been satisfied then click Next.
9. Final docket text is displayed for review. Click Next.
10. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.