Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2019
Response to Notice of Final Cure Payment
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Claims > Claim Events > Final Cure Payment (Rule 3002.1), Response to Notice of
These instructions are for attorneys only. See separate procedure for instructions for limited users.
This event is made available for use at the end of a Chapter 13 plan, as part of the process of determining whether or not a mortgage is current.
The trustee or debtor files a Notice of Final Cure Payment when they believe that a mortgage is current.
The mortgage holder is required to file a Response to Notice of Final Cure Payment within 21 days of service of the Notice, even if they do not dispute the Notice. If the Notice is disputed, a Motion for Determination of Final Cure and Payment can be filed by the debtor or trustee to request that the Court set a hearing in order to make a determination on the status of the mortgage.
The Notice of Final Cure Payment is added to the claims register as a claims supplement, not to the docket, and can be viewed only by accessing the claims register.
- Official Form B4100R must be used.
- An attachment must be included that contains the information required by S. D. Ind. 3002.1-3.
- A copy of the Response must be served on the debtor, debtor's attorney and trustee.
- The Response must:
- state whether the claim holder agrees that the debtor has paid in full the amount required to cure the default on the claim,
- state whether the debtor is otherwise current on all mortgage payments, and
- itemize the required cure or postpetition amounts, if any, that the holder contends remain unpaid as of the date of the statement.
- An appearance is not required.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Claims > Claim Events.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Final Cure Payment (Rule 3002.1), Response to Notice of from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Click to select the claim to which the Response relates and click Next.
9. Select appropriate radio buttons to indicate whether you are agreeing or disagreeing, then click Next.
10. Final docket text is displayed for review. Click Next.
11. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.