Official Procedure Last Change July 31, 2017
Objection to Claim Notice
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Claims > Claim Events > Objection to Claim(s) Notice
Objections to Claims and Omnibus Objections to Claims require the filing party to serve a 30-day response notice on all affected claimants. If the notice was not included at the time of filing of the objection, it should be filed separately using the instructions below.
- The notice must specify a response deadline of 30 days from the date of service of the notice.
- A Certificate of Service must be included showing service on the each affected claimant and all parties of interest. View sample
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Claims > Claim Events.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Objection to Claim(s) Notice from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select the objection to which the notice you are filing relates and click Next.
9. If you indicated that the notice relates to an Omnibus Objection, select from the drop-down list which number that Omnibus Objection is (first, second, etc).
10. Enter the date that notice was served (which may be different from the date you are filing it) and click Next.
11. The response deadline is calculated and displayed. Click Next.
12. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
13. Verify final docket text. If correct, click Next to submit.
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.