Official Procedure Last Change March 25, 2022
Response in Support
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Objection/Responses > Response in Support
Things to be aware of when filing: This event should not be used to file an objection or limited objection. The Objection event should be used instead.
This event only allows for the filing of a Response in Support. To file a Response in Opposition, the Objection event should be used.
- Do not use this event if your support is limited in any way, e.g., a request that specific language be included in the order on the underlying motion/application. In such a circumstance, the Objection/Limited objection event should be used.
This event should not be used if filing one of the following specific Response types, which all have their own events in CM/ECF:
This event may not be related to a Response to Notice of Final Cure Payment. The proper document is a Motion for Determination of Final Cure and Payment which is filed by either the debtor or the trustee.
To respond to an objection, the Reply event should be used. The Response event should only be used if the response is in support of the objection.
- The Response must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Objection/Responses.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Response in Support from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Check box to refer an existing event, click Next.
9. At the category selection screen, click Next.
10. Check appropriate box next to the event to which the Response relates and click Next.
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
12. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.