Official Procedure Last Change December 29, 2015
Objection to Debtor's Claim of Exemptions
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous > Objection to Debtor's Claim of Exemptions
- This event may be used by a party seeking to file an objection to the debtor's claimed exemptions.
- When filed by a trustee, the hearing on the objection is block scheduled.
- The objection must be signed by the filing party.
- A Certificate of Service must be included.
- A proposed order must be uploaded.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Miscellaneous.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Objection to Debtor's Claim of Exemptions from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
8. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
9. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.