Official Procedure Last Change December 1, 2019
How to file:
Location of event: Bankruptcy > Objection/Responses > Objection
Things to be aware of when filing: This event should not be used if a more specific objection event is available.
The Objection (Generic) event should not be used if filing one of the following specific objection types (each of these events can be found under Bankruptcy > Objection/Responses or Adversary > Motions and Briefs in CM/ECF).
- Objection to Chapter 11 Disclosure Statement
- Objection to Confirmation of Amended Plan
- Objection to Confirmation of Plan
- Objection to Debtor's Claim of Exemptions
- Objection to Homestead Exemption
- Objection to Motion to Modify Plan Post-Confirmation
- Objection to Professional Fees
- Response to Objection to Claim
- Response to Withdrawal of Reference
- Objection to Claim and Omnibus Objection to Claims (these two events are available in the Claim Events menu in ECF)
- Motion for Determination of Final Cure and Payment (to file a challenge to a Notice of Final Cure Payment)
- Motion for Determination of Fees, Expenses or Charges (to file a challenge to a Notice of Fees, Expenses or Charges)
- Motion to Determine Validity of Payment Change (to file a challenge to a Notice of Payment Change)
- Answer or some other response to a complaint
- Response to a Motion for Summary Judgment - the Brief event should be used to file the Response Brief.
The generic Objection option should only be used where there is no specific Objection category available.
- Objection must be signed by the filing party.
- Separate objections must be filed if objecting to two or more separately filed Motions.
1. Log into CM/ECF.
2. Select Bankruptcy > Objection/Responses.
3. Enter case number (in the format xx-xxxxx) and click Next.
4. Select Objection from the event list and click Next.
5. Check box if jointly filing with another attorney, click Next. If jointly filing, select additional attorneys, click Next.
6. Select the party filer. If the party is not listed, or cannot be selected, view instructions on adding a new party. Click Next.
Note: The "Attorney/Party Association” screen may appear. If your party selection was correct, check the box to create an association and click Next.
7. Review information to ensure that you are filing the correct objection. Click Next.
8. Check appropriate box next to the event to which the objection relates and click Next.
Note: Only pending documents are displayed. If the document to which you wish to relate the objection is not shown, contact the Clerk's office for assistance.
10. Review information re: Block Scheduling, if shown, and click Next.
11. Select prefix text, if applicable, and click Next.
12. Verify the final docket text; if correct, click Next to submit your document(s).
Note: The Notice of Electronic Filing displays giving you the document number. Copies of this notice are immediately e-mailed to all participants who receive electronic notification in the case.